These are some layouts I have made for the 1st 2 pages of the story. I have used the layout that I planned in my 2nd version of the storyboard/layout plan. I have used the style of working that I used for my last project, as that actually gave quite a nice finish. I have tried other styles, but this one is what I feel most comfortable doing. It is a mix of drawn elements, found papers, and digital/flat colour.
I quite like how the found paper interacts with the flat colour in these ones. Makes the two different layers become one and looks less like it is just plonked on. I think that is one of the hardest things to overcome when using a mix of digital and handmade, is to get the two to interact and blend together to become one smooth image.
I want to get the pages all layed out (not neccesarily coloured) so I can see how they are all working, and then I can order a mock up book, to test how it will look all printed and bound. This will give me a chance to discover and change any mishaps.
I want to try out different colour schemes too, maybe something a bit more dramatic with more contrasting areas.